Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Final Step

As you all know, I have a HORRIBLE back. I have been to see Tibbs twice now and we have come up with a solution. Fusion. A fusion is the final step; if this doesn't work then I give up and there is nothing more to do. People, I will not become a Iron Woman. Although Tibbs has assured me that I will be as good as new. I will have to spend at least two days in the hospital and I will then be in a brace, so get ready for that entry.He is going to replace my disc with some bone that he will drill out to make room for the titanium rod. This bone will grow and replace the disc that was once there. The rod will keep it from rubbing. The brace is simply so I cannot tear my stitches as I did both times before. Well and I can't move properly in a brace. After the second surgery Randall (Tibbs assistant) caught on to the fact that I do not take lightly to being told that I have to lay down and take a break. I am the assistant Manager of a restaurant and I have no time for that. I have been a great student, a loyal cook, a wonderful waitress, a dedicated back patient, and now hopefully a manager. I need a great back for the things I want to do with my life and I need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment