Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hunger games: Part 2, Chapter 12


I am reading 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins, and it is driving me nuts. I love it and hate it, I love peeta and hate him. I am mad at haymitch and like him. It's nuts!!

North America has been Divided into 13 districts, except the 13th district has been ruined; everyone dead. SO with twelve districts, there are two children taken. A boy and a girl between the ages of 12 and 18. The names go into a container and they are drawn out.

When Katniss sacrifices herself to save her sister, she finds herself in the hunger game itself. Where twenty four children have been choosen to fight. The one who wins will be the most fit and now the most royal. The rules are kill or be killed and the only advice Katniss has is "don't die."

Distric twelve is the poorest of the districts and Katniss must learn to face her emotions, poverty, and her past. In a arena of twenty three people trying to kill her, it is literally 'survival of the fittest.'


I am only half way through it and the hunger games have only begun, but I have already been tied to the characters and felt their emotions. I have been stabbed in the back, in love, betrayed, angry, and fearful.

No comments:

Post a Comment