Tuesday, March 8, 2011
March Crave food
Weight Watchers Ground Beef Noodles in Sour Cream recipe
Makes 6 servings
3 cups noodles, uncooked
1 lb ground beef
1 (6 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
1 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups V-8 vegetable juice (or tomato juice)
2 teaspoons salt
1 dash pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
1. In a large frying pan or Dutch oven, saute the onions in butter until tender, then add meat and brown lightly.
2. Place the noodles in a layer over meat.
3. Combine the tomato juice with the seasonings, and pour over noodles.
4. Bring to a boil, then cover.
5. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes (or until the noodles are tender).
6. Stir in the sour cream and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
7. Serve hot.
WW POINTS per serving: 9
Nutritional information per serving: 394 calories, 24.3g fat, 2.7g fiber