Thursday, March 3, 2011

Looking away

If I look away,
does that mean the pain will dissapear,
out of sight- out of mind,
just pretend we're not here.
If I look away,
will I no longer hear your cries,
If I dont look,
will that erase all the lies?
Just don't look,
I tell myself all the time,
Dont read it,
and it will all be fine.
I'm an absoult manic,
unpredictable it seems,
I'll lose my temper and let you have it,
and that will be the end of me.
I'll become someone you don't know,
the girl who doesn't look,
I'll look away and only hope,
ignoring the memories we took.
If I look away,
does that mean the pain will dissapear,
out of sight- out of mind,
just pretend we're not here.

2 comments:

  1. if you look away
    like morphine
    the pain will temporarily go away
    but tis like running from the sun or moon
    everwhere you look it is there
    and they have their purpose
    so dont just look away
    but think about why you think about each day
    but think happy thoughts booger! lol

    -that was supposed to be a poem to make you laugh but yeah couldnt find anything to ryme with booger. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, This could possibly be one of my favorite poems but it still has no comparison to 'Hidden Hope' when I wrote it back in 2008

    ReplyDelete